roadracing
March 29, 2024, 06:26:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: roadracing.webnode  facebook photogaleries

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Victor Gilmore #70

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Victor Gilmore #70  (Read 4086 times)
TLindsay
mechanik

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 07:34:15 am »

The 600 class prize winners with-in the 1000 race at the 09 Southern 100 races     

left to right   Chris PALMER 3RD  Roy Richardson 1st and Victor Gilmore 2nd
Report Spam   Logged

Jirka 97
senior TT

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 10:45:00 am »

No sluší to tam Victorovi  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
roadracejoe
mechanik

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 10:52:11 am »

Well done wee man  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
wusa
admin
superbiker TT

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2009, 03:13:57 pm »

The Road Race at Athea

Hi Everyone,
Athea was next, although it is six hours away i would not miss it. Athea is a small village outside Limerick and everyone is so friendly to me. The first year it was run i picked up the man of the meeting award with a win in the open and 2nd in the 600 class behind Martin#45 and we had a great party afterwards. Every year Connie from the Gables Bar has helped me with accomodation and food for the weekend and this is much appreciated, although this is the first year we went home on sunday night so we missed all the craic ( sorry but money is short )
Saturday practice was dry and went well after the incident in the first session when a rider went down at paddock corner ( i do not realy know him but wish him a speedy recovery ) I qualified 6th in the 600 and 9th in the open.
Sunday i thought was going to be dry but i woke up to rain coming down again, the club di a good job trying to shuffle races aroundto suit the ever changing conditions and the meeting passed well.
First race was the 600 and i had a good start off the line but the wee 600 had not got the legs for some of them. I enjoyed the race but had a slow start and finished 5th .The grand final was next and with a bit of confusion i managed to finish 4th on the 600 which was good in the wet conditions.
The only bad point i can make about this wel run meeting was the fact that the prize money only being awarded to the top three finishers, the reason for this being the recession. We all know the fans want to see the big names at the races, but if it wasn't for all the wee guys (including myself so no offence anyone ) ther would be no race. Could the Ł7000 prise mony for the top two finishers in the grand final been distributed as Ł2000 for the win Ł1000 for second leaving Ł4000 to be distributedto all the other guys trying thier best to win some money to cover a little of thier growing costs. I think this was very unfair to everyone who struggles out there trying to compete with the bigger teams who get a lot of things free to start off with including start money, let them earn thier prize money like the rest of us and keep some money for the guys who need it most . If i and other riders could efford new tyres every race then we could finish higher up the the field.

SORRY FOR BENDING YOUR EAR BUT THIS IS HOW I FEEL.
Again thanks to everyone who joined my supporters club and bought polo shirts and fleeces

Vic#70

The Bush Road Race

Hi Everyone,
Bush Road Races was the next after the dissapointment at the TT. I arrived at Bush for practice and found myself in the wrong frame of mind. The weather was great and i was looking for another good practice like last year. But it was not going to be qualifing mid pack. Saturday was a race day where tyre choice was critical as the weather was very changeable.
The 600 race was the forst and again it was wet to start dried up and rained on the last lap but i managed to finish 5th. The open race was next and i decided to go with a intermediate on the rear which was the correct choice but with three laps to go i had a big moment coming up to the last jump and lost three places finishing 8th. The grand final was my last race and this time i made the wrong tyre and struggled to 9th but all home safe again and although it was wet it was a well run meeting with some good calls made, well done Bush!

Thanks again to everyone who has joined the supporters club and bought polo shirts and fleeces, hope to meet up with you at Athea

Vic#70

The 2009 TT

Hi Everyone,
Sorry for the delaymy computer was down and was told it would be ready on friday then the next thursday then it was three weeks.
The TT this year was far from being enjoyable or successful, i rode round instead of racing due to a couple of reasons i believe, things did not feel right, bikes were not handlingand carrying an injury that means i cant efford to be falling off until i get it sorted. There was also the financial side of racing.
We did however manage to finish the TT and met some old friends. I must say a big thanks to everyone who helped me because if it was not for them i would not be there. Peter ( mate ) who helped with the preparation of bikes, Trevor ( sponsor ) WHO PAYED MY TYRE BILL, Charlie ( chas ) who paid for all the fuel, Mike ( Lindseys dad ) who contributed to the running costs, Philip ( mate ) who has supplied fleeces and polo shirts to raise money, Davy ( mate and chief mechanic ) who supplied brake pads, Colin Moore ( mate and old sponsor ) for a set of tyres, and Lindsey and her mum Pat for the food supply and chocolate buscuits, all together they made it happen this year.
I really wanted a silver replica this year but it was not to be, until after the racing was over, when at the presentationbehind the grandstand none other than Murray Walker presented me with my previous bronze replica wrapped in tinfoil which appeared back on stage to a great cheer from the crowd and my team, i gladly accepted it with a happy smile. It is great to see that the fun side of racing is still there and long may it continue.
Finally thanks to the Italian South Tyrol Moto Club and everyone who has joined the supporters club and bought polo shirts and fleeces, it is much needed and appreciated.
Report Spam   Logged

Jezdím tak rychle, jak rychle litá můj anděl strážný
wusa
admin
superbiker TT

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 01:21:29 pm »

Victor by se v nadcházející sezóně měl objevovat na motocyklech Colina Moora. Měly by to být stroje značky Honda a to jak pro šestky, tak i pro litry. Ta šestka je motocykl, který jezdil mistrovství světa supersportů.....
Report Spam   Logged

Jirka 97
senior TT

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 10:20:34 am »

Tak ať mu to vyjde a pořádně prožene zbytek start. pole Grin
Report Spam   Logged
wusa
admin
superbiker TT

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2010, 01:17:55 pm »

Nicole & Victor

Report Spam   Logged

Jirka 97
senior TT

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2010, 04:12:58 pm »

Jo , jo , takhle vypadá spokojený taťka Smiley....tak ať je Nicole zdravá , dělá tátovi jen radost , aby se mohl soustředit na prohánění soupeřů !! Grin
Report Spam   Logged
wusa
admin
superbiker TT

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2010, 08:19:48 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Jirka 97
senior TT

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2010, 11:50:50 pm »

Tak to je perfektní "zátiší" Smiley...i s tou sestavou nápojů , aby se pak Victorovi nepřitížilo Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
petridas
minibiker

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2010, 01:14:57 am »

no  pise se ze v horicich pojede i 250 ! nevite na cem?? ze by nekdo konecne prohnal henrika woita? Grin
Report Spam   Logged
wusa
admin
superbiker TT

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2010, 01:20:04 am »

no  pise se ze v horicich pojede i 250 ! nevite na cem?? ze by nekdo konecne prohnal henrika woita? Grin

Má k dispozici Hondu 250 týmu Logan Racing.
Report Spam   Logged

wusa
admin
superbiker TT

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2010, 12:21:35 pm »

Happy #70
Report Spam   Logged

wusa
admin
superbiker TT

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2010, 01:47:20 pm »

Victor dorazil včera večer domů, do Ballymoney. Cestou ho doprovázeli tisíce fanoušků. Celý jeho tým teď připravuje poslední rozloučení, které se koná ve čtvrtek v Ballymeně....

HAPPY #70
Report Spam   Logged

Al.bin
mechanik

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2010, 04:15:56 pm »

Budiž Ti země lehká Victore, obdivoval jsem Tě za umění na trati i zato,že jsi jezdil závodit k nám do Česka Cry
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: